UPDATES ON WEDNESDAYS.

The blog contains content about male-male and female-female relationships. If you don't like yaoi and yuri, hit the red cross and don't read, instead of throwing mud at me. Thank you for your attention.

Featured post

Calm

Band: Moran Pairing: Soan&Hitomi Rating: 17+ Genre: romance Warnings: - Note: Hitomi feels calm, when he's with Soan. And he's g...

Wednesday, 2 July 2025

Sleeping Beauty

Universe: Aoishiro

Pairing: Syouko&Yasumi

Rating: 17+

Genre: angst

Warnings: game spoilers

Note: Syouko still take cares of Yasumi, even if it's already pointless.



Another day at work has passed.

I stretched on the chair and walked to my grandfather, who was busy with the patient.

"Grandpa?"

He looked at me.

"Yes?"

"I wrote out all the papers you asked for."

"Thank you" my grandpa smiled, sticking another needle into the foot of woman in her thirties. "You can go. I'll check later, if everything is okay."

I nodded and left my Grandpa's clinic.

I went to the flower shop. I've been buying flowers there for two years and I always take them to the same place.

To the same person.

Two years ago Migiwa destroyed Yasumi's soul. My friend... No. My beloved one stopped existing.

Nekata Munetsugu finally showed up for Nami. He claimed that she's his relative, showed the papers to the doctors and explained that the girl suffers from Kleine-Levin syndrome and that is why she sometimes sleeps for several months. He took her home and when Suzuki-san called him later, he confirmed that Nami had woken up and everything was fine.

In Yasumi's case... She's never going to wake up.

And her body will die because of old age.

Or neglect.

Her soul doesn't exist. She vanished without a trace and will never come back.

It isn't Sleeping Beauty syndrome. It's... worse than that.

It's like a person have never existed.

Before this event I wasn't aware for sure that humans have souls. My grandpa is a doctor. An ateist. He doesn't care about, as he calls it, "religious bullshit".

Akiko-san wasn't like that. She believed in spirit world until she died.

Me too, but after I spent so much time with my grandpa... I started to think differently.

But now, when Yasumi is in this condition, I come here almost everyday. 

Whenever I have time. I'm buying her pink carnations. I already know the way to the hospital by heart.

Anyway, it's not far from my grandfather's clinic.

"Good morning, Osanai-san" says one of nurses. "Aizawa-san is waiting for you, miss."

Yasumi doesn't exist. There's only an empty shell of a body left lying in a hospital bed and connected with tubes to all the machines that keep her alive.

She's breathing on her own. Her heart beats on its own. But the drip has to be changed, because she won't wake up for meals, and the catheter... You know what for it is.

I entered her room. Her brown hair was braided. Washed and smelling good. There was a lonely tea rose in the vase.

Oh, so Momoko has been here already.

I placed the carnations next to the rose. As usual, they looked beautiful. I always bought three of them because that is how many syllables the name Yasumi has.

I grabbed my beloved one's hand. It was cold. I felt as I was holding a porcelain.

Migiwa sent me a message, a week after she erased Yasumi from her existence. Short. She wrote that she had killed the kenki and had got back the sword.

I don't fucking care.

Yasumi doesn't exist. If she was just dead, it would be a different situation. She could be reincarnated. She could experience nirvana. But now? Keeping her alive was pointless, because it's just an empty porcelain shell.

I hate Migiwa. I hate her with all of my heart.

I gently kissed ice cold Yasumi's lips.

Everytime when I do it, I hope that she'll wake up. I even have that impression. A thrill of excitement runs down my back and I stare at her beautiful face with a smile.

But it won't happen. Yasumi's eyes are constantly closed.

And they'll never open.

Not in this world, not in afterlife.

Because she doesn't exist anywhere.

She stopped existing two years ago.

And I couldn't save her...

The end

No comments:

Post a Comment